Thursday, September 13, 2012

Welcome to the Famicom Files

One of my earliest memories is sitting on the carpet of my family room when I was three or four years old, eating pretzels while my Dad beat The Legend of Zelda on the Nintendo Entertainment System. That scene pretty much sets the tone for the rest of my life: 1. Always eating food 2. Fascinated by video games Flash forward twenty-odd years and the scene has only changed slightly. Instead of the carpet of my parent's family room, it is the tatami mats of my rented Japanese apartment. And instead of pretzels, it's a can of beer (with a side of pretzels). And instead of watching my Dad, it's me struggling through level after level of Contra. Swearing. Profusely.

sharp twin famicom
Join me through this nostalgic trip to the past as I throw my dollars away in the future. This is the Famicom Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment